About Together for Autism:
For information email: email@example.com
- Together for Autism (formerly Toonies for Autism) is a fundraising campaign that was started in 2002 by Autism Ontario (formerly Autism Society Ontario) to increase awareness and raise money for research.
- Schools, families and communities play a vital role in generating awareness and understanding and building support systems for people affected by autism.
- Toonies for Autism is usually the last Friday in April, but schools are encouraged to select a date that best meets their needs.
- A Campaign coordinator can be a teacher, educational assistant, parent, parent council member or student council member.
- Resource materials include brochures, flyers, videos, posters and learning activities for students.
- More than $630,000 has been raised since 2002.